On this page, we offer an explanation of the privacy policies for the website [hereafter, "this website"] of the Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Tokyo [hereafter, "RCAST"] displayed at the URL https://www.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp/.
Providing of Personal Information/Use of Personal Information
- "Personal information" refers to information that makes it possible to identify specific users, such as names, affiliations, and email addresses.
- As a general rule, when using this website you can access almost every page without providing your personal information, but we ask you to provide such information for the types of pages described below.
- On inquiry pages, you must provide your contact information in order for us to respond.
- On our mail magazine's register/unregister page, we request email addresses in order for us to begin providing, or cancel, distribution service for the magazine.
- On registration for symposium, seminar or workshop pages, we request name, email address, address and other information in order for us to send registraton pass.
- We do not use personal information that we receive for any other purpose.
Management of Retained Personal Information
We manage the personal information that we gather appropriately and prudently. We take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the risk of unlawful access to or the loss, destruction, alteration, or disclosure of personal information.
Limits on Release of Information to Third Parties
Except for in the following cases, we do not release information provided by users of this website to third parties.
- when we have the user's consent
- when we release necessary information to subcontractors with whom we have signed an advance confidentiality agreement in order to achieve usage goals that we have expressed to our users
- when the information is used as statistical data after being processed so that individual users can not be identified
- when we are required to release the information by law, decree, etc.
- when there is an urgent need to release the information in order to protect a person's life, physical well-being, or important personal interests such as property
We keep an access log to record the access conditions (time of access, IP address, host name, browser, etc.) of those who use this website, but this is not information that can be used to identify specific users. We analyze the access log in order to improve the site's contents - we do not use it for any other purposes.